Using your Apple Watch during sleep can provide useful information about your sleep patterns and overall health. Here’s how to make the most of your Apple Watch while sleeping:
- Sleep tracking: Apple Watch’s native sleep tracking feature, called Sleep, allows you to monitor your sleep patterns and duration. To enable this feature, go to the Health app on your iPhone, tap Sleep, and follow the on-screen instructions. Your sleep data will be collected and synced with the Health app.
- Sleep goals: You can set a sleep goal, like getting 8 hours of sleep per night, and the Sleep app will help you track your progress. It’ll also provide bedtime reminders and sleep tracking information.
- Sleep tracking apps: If you want more in-depth sleep tracking, there are third-party apps available for download from the App Store, such as Sleep++ and AutoSleep. These apps offer additional features like sleep stage tracking, sleep quality analysis, and smart alarms.
- Silent alarms: Set silent alarms using the Alarms app on your Apple Watch to wake up with gentle vibrations instead of loud sounds. This can help you wake up feeling more refreshed and less startled.
- Do Not Disturb: Enable the Do Not Disturb mode on your Apple Watch to mute notifications and ensure uninterrupted sleep. You can schedule Do Not Disturb to automatically turn on and off during your usual sleep hours.
- Theater Mode: Turn on Theater Mode to prevent your Apple Watch screen from lighting up during the night when you move your wrist. This can help minimize sleep disruptions for you and your partner.
- Comfort: If you’re not used to wearing a watch while sleeping, it may take some time to get comfortable. Try loosening the band slightly or using a soft, breathable band made from materials like fabric or silicone.
Remember to charge your Apple Watch during the day or in the evening before bed, as sleep tracking can consume battery life. Also, note that wearing an Apple Watch during sleep is not a substitute for professional medical advice or sleep studies, but it can be a helpful tool for monitoring your sleep habits and making improvements.