If Your iPhone is not working. Let’s try some basic troubleshooting steps to see if we can revive it:
- Force restart:
- For iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button, then press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Finally, press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- For iPhone 7 or 7 Plus: Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Sleep/Wake button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- For iPhone 6s or earlier: Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Charge your iPhone:
- Connect your iPhone to a wall charger using the original cable and adapter, and let it charge for at least 30 minutes. If you see a charging screen or a low battery icon, let it charge until it powers on.
- Check for physical damage:
- Inspect your iPhone for any visible signs of damage, like a cracked screen or damaged charging port. If you find any damage, it might be the cause of the problem and you’ll need to have it repaired.
- Try another charging cable and adapter:
- Sometimes, a faulty cable or adapter can be the cause of the issue. Try using a different charging cable and adapter to see if it makes a difference.
If none of these steps work and your iPhone remains unresponsive, I recommend contacting Apple Support or visiting an Apple Store to have it checked by a professional. They can help diagnose the problem and recommend the best course of action.